Wildlife Response Services
Located in the upper Texas Gulf Coast area, WRS personnel have been involved in wildlife rehabilitation and oiled wildlife response for over twenty years, and possess both state and federal permits, including permits to rehabilitate endangered species. WRS has led the environmental unit in large-scale emergency responses, and consults with industry and private entities regarding site specific contingency planning.
Services We Provide
- Emergency Response; providing a professional, permitted wildlife spill management team.
- Conduct training workshops for responders, agency representatives, and industry personnel.
- Offer a variety of consulting services; including participation in site surveys and assessments to determine environmental protection priorities. Consult with Environmental, Health and Safety personnel regarding potential wildlife issues on industrial facilities.
- Participate in spill drills, exercises and panel discussions.
- Work with industry and agencies to develop facility wildlife response plans.
Our Rapid Response Resource Trailer can be dispatched to accompany the WRS Response Team at the request of any responsible party or at the direction of the unified command. Response trailer inventory is available on request by contacting Rhonda Murgatroyd at 713-705-5897 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2010 Port Arthur Incident
All videos above are from the response in Port Arthur 2010. We would like to thank Texas Parks & Wildlife, The United States Coast Guard, the Texas General Land Office Oil Spill Prevention & Response Division, and KPLC7 in Lake Charles, LA.
2009 Houston Ship Channel Incident
2009 Galveston Island
2009 Off Shore Galveston
2009 Venice Louisiana
A Pair of Wood Ducks